Monday, September 11, 2006

Reviewing my Prognostication

It is now really Monday. How did my hopes play out?

On a personal level...
No epiphany. I'm back at work. My life will continue to be one uneventful day after another until I slip, unnoticed, into my grave. (Me: 0-1)

I still need to fix the gate. If I weren't a perfectionist, I could do it in about 30 minutes. Instead, I want to completely replace it...which means I put it off. (Me: 0-2)

Saturday sports...
Chicago beat the Crew. That's fine. (Me: 0-3.) The Revs beat RBNY. That's fine too. (Me: 0-4.) DC United tied RSL, which doesn't help Dynamo one bit...and Moreno didn't even score to buoy my fantasy team. (Me: 0-5.) The Wizards clobbered the Rapids 4-1, helping Dynamo and my poor prognostication record. (Me: 1-5.) FC Dallas drew with Chivas USA. (Me: 2-5.) In college football, the Longhorns lose to OSU. Colt plays okay in his second game, but the rest of our team leaves much to be desired. (Me: 2-6.)

Sunday sports...
Dynamo beat the Gals 2-1, with goals from DeRo and Waibel offsetting a lone goal by Donovan. We played our usual 10 man formation for the last 30 minutes of the game, but still managed this well-timed result. And the goal scorers all help my fantasy team, Balder Dash, improve its lead in the division...while increasing Dynamo's chance at a berth in the post-season tournament. I'll give myself 2 points for this one, since it makes me so joyful. (Me: 4-6.)

My record as a seer wasn't all that great this past weekend, even with the illicit bonus point I tacked on in the end. The Dynamo result goes a long way toward consoling my spirit since I got that one, the most important one, correct. (That Longhorn miss was pretty painful though...not to mention the ones I missed on the personal level...but no worries about my inability to lift myself out of my mediocrity: Dynamo beat the Galaxy!)

I'm pulling for a few more things to happen this soccer season. First, the Dynamo make a miracle run and win the Western Conference. (A second place finish is not too bad though.) Second, the Galaxy don't make the playoffs. Third, the Galaxy lose the Open Cup final after having eliminated us from that tournament. That would do my heart good. Make it so.

No comments: