Tuesday, May 02, 2006

UNMNT Prognostication

Guesses about choices and opinions are pretty worthless, but I'm taking this opportunity to throw my guess as to who the 23 members of the USMNT will be, as named by Bruce Arena today at 5:00 pm.

I don't think Ching will make it; but I think he would be a better choice than Twellman. And since my choices carry no weight at all, I put Ching there.

Elsewhere, I think when deciding between two equivalent players, Arena will look at injuries and at versatility.

GK
Hahnemann (2nd string)
Howard (3rd string)
Keller (starter)

Defense
Albright (also mid and fwd)
Bocanegra (injuries may limit)
Cherundolo
Conrad
Gibbs
Lewis (also mid and fwd)
Onyewu
Pope (injuries may limit)

Midfield
Beasley
Convey
Dempsey
Donovan (also fwd)
Mastroeni (also defense)
O'Brien (also defense...injury may be issue)
Olsen
Reyna

Forward
Ching
Johnson
McBride (starter)
Wolff (also mid)

No comments: