Sunday, June 15, 2008

Calm returns

Calm in quietude is not real calm; when you can be calm in the midst of activity, this is the true state of nature.
Happiness in comfort is not real happiness; when you can be happy in the midst of hardship, then you see the true potential of the mind.
-Huanchu Daoren

A few days after the Dynamo defeat, and I am once again at peace. In rewatching the game, I see that we played quite well, except for three plays on defense (two of which cost us) and except for an inability to get the ball into the net. We did nearly everything else right, though.

In looking at the standings, we're still well positioned. This is partially due to the fortune of being in the Western Conference, yes; but good teams will take advantage of good fortune.

I also noticed in my review of the match, that the Dynamo did, in fact, do more on the field than Marlen did. Apologies, fellas.

So, I'm spending Father's Day with a bit less REVulsion and less spite than I felt in the hours after the New England game.

However, should Barbados surprise the USMNT this afternoon, I reserve the right to throw peace and tranquility out the window and revert to venomous frustration.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

8-0. It doesn't look like Barbados surprised the US yesterday. Three goals by Ching (only one was really his, but who's counting?) isn't half bad for the lone Dynamo.

Anonymous said...

One thing I noticed in the rewatching: the PK probably was deserved. Parkhurst took Caraccio down with a scissor-action of the legs. Years ago I had a teamate get his leg broken because a defender did this. Very dangerous.