Saturday, October 27, 2007

First Leg: at FCD

Tonight, my sister-in-law (my wife's sister) gets married in a ceremony that involves the whole family. This is relevant because it explains what I'll be doing instead of trekking to Frisco to watch the first leg of the Dynamo's Western Conference Semifinal match-up versus FC Dallas. (Game guide.) I have already taken measures to record Channel 55 (The Tube) and to charge up my Blackberry for on-the-spot updates.

Dynamo-Houston has owned Dallas this year. That does not make me comfortable whatsoever. Dallas has a lot of talent at midfield (Toja, Ricchetti, Alvarez, and even Denilson if he decides to finally show up) and some potentially dangerous strikers (Alvarez again and even Ruiz, who has been anemic so far but may be saving it up for the playoffs). Their defense is suspect, but at times so is our striking ability.

The good news is that the players don't seem to be taking FCD lightly. Of course, one may sometimes say the right things, but deep down feel comfortable enough that it affects one's game.

I'm hoping for at least a 1 goal advantage on the road, then increasing our headway in Robertson next week. You with me?

And did you vote for GOTY today?

No comments: