Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Predictions for Tonight's Open Cup Matches

Here are my predictions for tonight's Open Cup matches:

=
Colorado @ Los Angeles
Los Angeles continues its improvement, bolstered by the powers of darkness that eternally swirl at the heart of the club, and by Yallop's and Donovan's indomitable will.
=
Dallas @ Houston

Houston will overcome its doldrums. Its (predominantly) 2nd string team will continue our streak over FCD, spoiling Hinslop's debut. You will win, Dynamo. Did you hear me?
=
New York @ DC United

DC United is too good and RBNY is too mediocre. In the Open Cup, that usually guarantees RBNY will win, but I'll stick with DC United.
=
New England @ Chicago

I will stray from the trend of picking the home team, and will pick the listless Revolution to beat the inconsistent Fire. The Fire really hasn't done much with its home field advantage anyway.
=

I'm pretty ambivalent about the last two matches, but as for the first two matches (if the Lords of Soccer are tallying votes), I'd like LA to lose and Dynamo to win. Make it so.

No comments: